[Cuis-dev] Morph contour feature

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Wed Aug 4 15:02:37 PDT 2021

On 2021-08-04 13:17, Rafael Ignacio Matías Sniechowski via Cuis-dev
wrote:

> Do you have plans to build a native ARM64 for the Apple M1 chip?

The M1 is more complex due to Apple security tightening increasing the
complexity on runtime code generation.  Eliot Miranda has been working
diligently on this for OpenSmalltalk Cog VM and has a working
development version but my understanding is that the M1 Cog VM is not
yet stable enough for a user release.

I have built the Stack VM from OpenSmalltalk sources on an M1 iMac and
it seems to work fine.  [Note that this is my wife's machine and I have
to schedule access as she uses it heavily.  Hey, it's her machine ;^].

FYI,
-KenD