[Cuis-dev] Proposal. make Utils setAuthor scriptable

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 09:04:17 PDT 2021

On 8/5/21 11:51 AM, Gerald Klix wrote:
> Hi Nicola,
>
> On 8/5/21 10:21 AM, Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gerald,
>>
>> Oh, cool, I did not know about 'classPool' , that goes into my notes ;)
>> Thank you !
> While are at it, it probably makes sense to add a note
> about #instVarNamed: #instVarNamed:put:. These methods/messages
> lend themselves to similar hacks.

Straight to the note file, thanks ! :)

Since there is a universal trick to do it i think it is better not to
add a method.
Still I don't know well how Juan decides the pruning to keep Cuis on
shape, so better not to add this.
I have another change that has already been approved and still i have to
implement it ;)

>> I noticed your Cy-d-Fect, by heart, that is the AlissaHacker and
>> LouisReasoner brother ;)
>> One of the greatest technical book I red, about 20y ago.
> Oh yes and as important as that and less noticed:
> Its German translation is as good as the English original,
> which is rarely the case for that sort of book.

In Italy we don't have this luck, it is read in English or nothing.

>> Can you give me a very short description of what Haver does ?
>> I see it is related to modules, as used in Python .
> In a nutshell:
> It's Cuis with Modules.

.... ..... ....

Modules usually are just namespaces ... the only use I can figure out
for this is in Smalltalk is to avoid Classes name clash since most
of other variables should be inside objects or classes.

in Python of course they are very important, since it is the only way
to put variables in some kid of default cage, the file they are defined
in, if i remember well.

I don't know about Environments in Squeak, well ... with time ;)
I put also this in my note as: "To see: Environments and Haver, similar
to Python modules".

Bye
Nicola