[Cuis-dev] I think i found a bug in the debugger

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Fri Aug 6 10:56:29 PDT 2021

Hi Nicola,
 I do not see a problem... the debugger is showing the string nil and the
inspector too. aStringRep is referencing a string, that string is 'nil' ...

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021 at 1:14 PM Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I hit a stupid bug today ... to find it was nasty, i think because
> the debugger does not show what (at least I) would expect.
>
> Please see the attached picture here:
> https://pasteboard.co/KeEwgAy.png
>
> If you look at the debugger bottom right pane you think
> that 'aStringRepr' is nil, right? Well, it is not so,
> If you inspect it, see inspector in the middle of the screen,
> you see it actually is 'nil', that is a String containing a 3 letter value.
>
> This happens also for numbers, if they are inside Strings the debugger
> does not show eg: '123', but 123. That is some kind of "print
> representation".
>
> I think this is very much undesirable and an unexpected behavior,
> at least for a beginner;)
>
> bye
> Nicola

<https://10pines.com/>Hernán WilkinsonSoftware Developer, Teacher & Coach

Alem 896, Floor 6, Buenos Aires, Argentina

+54 11 6091 3125

@HernanWilkinson