[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Re: Tool tips appearance

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Sat Aug 7 02:46:19 PDT 2021

Hi Hilaire,

You are probably right. Luckily I did not start to implement anything.
If I think about it, you also have to take the aligning power of
the user's eye into account.

What we can do however, is to add a method to Preferences
that takes a border-width classification #(none, thin, average, thick)
and screen resolution #(HD, 4k), whatsoever. Maybe an additional
parameter to account for the user's eyesight.

All of this is too complicated!

What makes we wonder -- on a second thought -- is that you
consider the line to thick, The default border width should
the one you used in your example. Obviously
I messed up things.

I think Juan should not integrate this change.
I will use it for Haver, because with a 4 pixel wide
magenta-colored border really helps me.

Perhaps an add-on package implementing an interactive
theme editor, where you can adjust all the border-width's is
a much better idea.

Best Regards,

Gerald