[Cuis-dev] VectorEnginePlugin: parts in motion

Eric Gade eric.gade at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 05:42:11 PDT 2021

Good morning all,

I am trying to follow the wiki steps to generate a vector vm for my new
ARMv8 machine (MNT Reform).

So far I have a couple of questions:
1. I cannot follow the steps exactly, because there seems to be some
implicit assumption that the VMMaker package is installed in Cuis before
requiring the VectorEnginePlugin package. How do I install VMMaker in Cuis?
I tried `Feature require: 'VMMaker'` but no dice.
2. Is the stack VM the only one that currently works on arm64? I tried to
compile cog from source, and it worked, but it crashes within seconds of
using any input

On Sat, Aug 7, 2021 at 6:15 AM Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> I found a shortcoming. Issues in the wiki goes into issue in
> Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev,
> this is undesirable.
>
> bye
> Nicola
>

> On 8/6/21 8:02 PM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
>
> I added a section and an example about how to create a new tip entry.
>
> Fell free to edit and fix. The home page is mediawiki, it is easier to
> link to additional wiki pages.
>
> I am not sure what is the best way to organize the information to not
> become a mess...
>
> Best
>
> Hilaire
> Le 06/08/2021 à 18:31, Nicola Mingotti a écrit :
>

> Yes, this seems a good idea. If there is a CookBook section I am going to
> add stuff there.
> If there isn't i can open one ;) My Smalltalk GoogleDocument is now 88
> pages !
>
> In the past I added things to the Swiki. But that in may opinion has
> several shortcomings.
> It is difficult to find stuff and it is a pity, it is literally a lost
> information treasure.
>
> --
> GNU Dr. Geohttp://drgeo.euhttp://blog.drgeo.eu

Eric