[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Re: Tool tips appearance

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Sat Aug 7 08:47:59 PDT 2021

On 8/7/21 4:32 PM, ken.dickey at whidbey.com wrote:
> On 2021-08-07 02:46, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
> ..
>> What we can do however, is to add a method to Preferences
>> that takes a border-width classification #(none, thin, average, thick)
>> and screen resolution #(HD, 4k), whatsoever. Maybe an additional
>> parameter to account for the user's eyesight.
>>
>> All of this is too complicated!
>
> What about a default thin border with a preference to make it thick?
Yes that was my intention, I wanted Hilaire's thin border to be
the default. Somehow stupid me got that wrong.

OTH hand I am glad that Hilaire made me think this over.
After some hours of thinking I came to the conclusion
that an add-on package that makes Cuis friendlier
for users with disabilities is much better.
Bigger borders, bigger handles and buttons for SystemWindows
and things like that, a magnifier that uses vector graphics
to magnify the text around the mouse (no clue how this
could be done) and moves with the mouse, etc. ppp.

Best Regards,

Gerald