[Cuis-dev] Do classes know what package they come from ?

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 05:33:51 PDT 2021

Hi again,

Problem. I have made my own package, classes, methods.
Ok, all is ready to start the real work. But I need to do
some cleaning and put data files in a reasonably safe directory
Example: some JSON data file needed by my methods.

The ideal for me would be to put the data files in the same directory
containing the FooBar.pck.st file, or a sub-directory of it.

Now, it would be all easy if i could say
----
FooBar getMyPackageDirectory.
----

Up to now i found that
ou1 _ CodePackageList new.   "# here I can find the loaded package list."

Then I could iterate over CodePackage list in 'CodePackageList new
packages' and check
the first one containing class 'FooBar'.

What I ask you is this. Can I go in the inverse way? Does
a Class know who is its ClassCatergory ? Does a ClassCategory
know who is its package ?

bye
Nicola