[Cuis-dev] VectorEnginePlugin: parts in motion

Phil B pbpublist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 09:53:00 PDT 2021

Joseph,

While I appreciate the dream of a Smalltalk NOS environment, I don't think
most people who embark on it really think through the reality of the
limitations the resulting environment will end up with (both in terms of
device support and resulting image capabilities) or the amount of work
required to get there and keep it running on modern hardware.

If this is an area that interests you, I'd suggest paying close attention
to Ken's work as he seems to have had the most success at living in a
reduced/minimal overhead Smalltalk environment.  I'd credit a lot of his
success to being pragmatic, persistent and realistic about what's
achievable at the scale he/we operate.

Thanks,
Phil