[Cuis-dev] Wiki Niceness (WAS: Re: [IMPROV] Add convenience method to read JSON strings)

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Thu Aug 12 10:52:07 PDT 2021

When writing documentation I always come back to Sphinx.
I tried various static site generators and one CMS (Plone)
I tried Erudite and added HTML export, but I was not pleased
with the result.

I am convinced it is worth the effort.
Please look at these Sphinx documents:

http://gf3.klix.ch/overview.html#simple-example
http://haver.klix.ch/semantics.html
http://haver.klix.ch/pdf/HaverOnCuis.pdf
http://gf3.klix.ch/gf3.pdf
https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/introduction.html
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/
https://llvm.org/docs/
https://pygments.org/

and of course:

https://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/master/

Sphinx can also create EPUB and some sort of XML output,
which could be used to create instances of class
Text in Cuis, which can be used as onboard documentation
(Look Ma, no internet needed ;~)
Of course this is a lot of work.

I suggest to keep the wiki and use Sphinx and ReadTheDocs,
the later can generate documentation for git repos.
So my suggest is to convert approved parts to
restructured text and include it in a sphinx document.
One then can use ReadTheDocs to contentiously create
the official documentation.

Come to think about it, I can do this even now,
by creating a new sphinx project
and copying finished/useful/approved parts of
the wiki to that document.

Best Regards,

Gerald

On 8/12/21 6:54 PM, Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev wrote:

> I am lucky to have a guide ! Thank you !
>
> Sure I am going to add it to the wiki. But we should find a way to make
> the Wiki prettier.
> Now it is not pretty at all.
>
> Look how it looks like in my GoogleDocuments ... just adding a few
> colors and faces
> make it a lot better: https://pasteboard.co/KfzoDct.png
Ah, sorry, it does not look that much better.

> bye
> Nicola

--- snip ---