[Cuis-dev] A question on same-named methods

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 10:46:04 PDT 2021

Hi guys,

I have this question for you. I will describe the problem with an example.

I defined a method in my package 'Wunderbar', it is 'readFromString', which
goes into class 'Json class side' and method category '*Wunderbar-DB'.

Now, suppose a day in the future I upgrade Cuis and 'readFromString'
is now defined into 'Json class'. What will happen when i try to load
'Wunderbar' package ?

. Do i get an error for method name overlap ?
. If not, is there any criteria by which one method should be called
instead of the other
for example: looking at which method category it belongs to ?

bye

Nicola