[Cuis-dev] Recurring message on book "Last changes may have been lost... " can I get rid of it ?

Hernan Wilkinson hernan.wilkinson at 10pines.com
Tue Aug 17 10:47:35 PDT 2021

Hi Nicola,
 that message appears when the VM crashes or you kill it, etc. It allows
you to reload the code from the changes and synchronize the image with
it, and that way not losing anything.
 If you had to kill the VM because you entered a loop in a "do-it" for
example, when you reload the changes the next time the same loop will be
executed... You can select to reload the changes manually and do not load
the particular one that is causing problems. Also, you can select not to do
anything and then save the image. After that it will not ask you again to
restore the changes.
 Practicing a little bit with these things will help you understand how the
changes work and its relationship with the image.

Cheers!
Hernan.

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 6:22 AM Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev <
cuis-dev at lists.cuis.st> wrote:

> Solved,
>
> I overwrote .changes, now it is ok
> ---
> cp original-Cuis5.0-4738.changes Cuis5.0-4738.changes
> ---
>
> ... one day I need to stop and start investigating what is inside all
> those files ;)
>
> bye
> Nicola
>

> On 8/17/21 11:10 AM, Nicola Mingotti wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Yesterday I crashed the image and i had to kill it from the OS.
>
> Since then, everytime i reboot Cuis i see this annoying message asking me
> to "Restore changes" ... Which I am very reluctant to do because last time
> I did Cuis froze.
>
> Question. Can I get rid of this message. At the question "What you want to
> do"
> my answer is "nothing".
>
> If there isn't better way I will download another image.
>
> I try to remove some files without success, I still see the message.
> -----
> rm CuisDebug-2021-08-1*
> rm Cuis5.0-4738.user.*
> -----
>

> bye
>
> Nicola

<https://10pines.com/>Hernán WilkinsonSoftware Developer, Teacher & Coach

Alem 896, Floor 6, Buenos Aires, Argentina

+54 11 6091 3125

@HernanWilkinson