[Cuis-dev] changeset. Improvement on #askForSaveOnQuit

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 01:15:55 PDT 2021

Hi Juan, guys,

Well, my intention was to save nothing, since the workflow I adopted is
this:
when i do a decent change I go to "Installed Packages" and I save just
what i want.

If the change is big enough to have a name I also "git commit" it.
1 or 2 times per day I usually "git push".

The variable name "askForSaveOnQuit" is very general, it does not say
"askForSaveImageOnQuit",
so, if you toggle it, the system just behave as you asked.

After many many years of Unix I am very much used to the system doing
what I tell it
without asking me "Are you sure?". That makes it easily scriptable .

On the other side, I am still a beginner and I don't get still the
benefit of
saving the system all together image/changes. At least not in the
applications I am building.

So, whatever you decide for me is ok. If you think this is too dangerous
to put it into base system I will make a package out of it and I will
load it at system startup via script. In that case, I will substitute the
World Quit icon with a "Quit -- no save" or "Quick Quit" or "Just Quit"
or "Quit No-Save".

I will substitute and not add the entry menu because there are already
several other
options saying "Save ... " .

bye
Nicola