[Cuis-dev] issues with git. Different branches ?

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Fri Aug 20 02:08:37 PDT 2021

Hi guys,

Git does not behave as usual. Excuse my git naivety. I don't know what
to do.

Consider several people who does not know well git are going to try Cuis.

It would be better if it was possible never to see mysterious
messages while installing following the standard procedure.
Since i am ignorant on this side, i don't know if it is feasible.

$> ./pullAllRepos

---------------
Pulling  =====Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev=====
hint: Pulling without specifying how to reconcile divergent branches is
hint: discouraged. You can squelch this message by running one of the
following
hint: commands sometime before your next pull:
hint:
hint:   git config pull.rebase false  # merge (the default strategy)
hint:   git config pull.rebase true   # rebase
hint:   git config pull.ff only       # fast-forward only
hint:
hint: You can replace "git config" with "git config --global" to set a
default
hint: preference for all repositories. You can also pass --rebase,
--no-rebase,
hint: or --ff-only on the command line to override the configured
default per
hint: invocation.
Already up to date.
Repository SVG not cloned