[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Mouse Wheel Events

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Fri Aug 20 08:15:00 PDT 2021

On 8/20/21 3:24 PM, Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev wrote:

> On 8/19/21 5:15 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:

>>> Hi Juan,
>>>
>>> that's completely OK. Please use all the time it takes
>>> to review and test that change-set.
>>> I have taken precautions; I can recreate this
>>> change-set from a package whenever I like.
>>>
>>> Please note (me repeating myself):
>>> It shouldn't have ant effect on MacOS,
>>> which needs to be verified.
>>>

>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Gerald
>>
>> Hi Gerald,
>>
>> Thanks for this fine piece of work!
>>
>> I only had to do one small change in #sendMouseWheelEvents and
>> #sendMouseWheelEvents: . Squeak only runs on Cog VMs. Cuis can run on
>> a broader set of VMs, like Dave's 32 bit interpreter for 64 bit Linux.
>> In these cases, vmParameter 48 is not available, so I handled that case.
>>
>> I tested briefly on my Mac, and saw no problems. The "wheel through
>> keyboard" events sent by the VM work the same as before.
>>
>> I just pushed it to GitHub.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> I am very sorry to bring bad news.
>
> The mouse wheel does not work anymore properly.
> (Linux debian 11 Stable. Running inside a VMware Fusion in a Macbook
> just updated )
>
> I test inside a browser list.
>
> If i run the base image it works. If i load all the latest changesets it
> does not work.
> It scrolls only upward.
>
> Bye
> Nicola

Hi Nicola,

sorry for my delayed reaction. Just came back to my computer.

As an immediate workaround do `Smalltalk sendMouseWheelEvents: false`.
This should restore the old behavior. This state is saved
with the image.

If you can afford some time, I would like you to do some testing:

1. Clear your Transcript
2. Do `Smalltalk sendMouseWheelEvents: true`
3. Do `Sensor test`.
4. Do some scrolling.
5. *Press x, to exit this test-method*
6. Activate the Transcript's pop-up menu and select
    'Workspace with Contents'
7. Copy the Workspace's contents to an E-Mail
8. Do `Smalltalk sendMouseWheelEvents: false`
9. Repeat steps 3 to 7

Send the E-Mail to the list.
Hopefully this will give us some clues about
the problem.

Best Regards,

Gerald