[Cuis-dev] VectorGrahicsPlugin Troubles (WAS: Re: A few tweaks to preferences)

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Sat Aug 21 11:27:23 PDT 2021

On 8/21/21 7:54 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Thanks Gerald!
>
> Luckily, in this case, the crash.dmp pointed straight to a clear bug in
> the code.
That's a big relief! I feared that this spurious crashes
would lead to a tedious sequence/tree of trials and errors,
sending E-Mails back and forth.
> In most other cases, any primitive that modifies an array also
> gets the array as argument (even if passed before). This is in case the
> GC moves it around. But when I added contour, somehow I forgot about
> this. #primResetContourTop:bottom: doesn't pass the contour array as
> argument, and therefore could produce an invalid access after GC.I am still hopeful that I can withstand the temptation to start
VM development ... Thanks for the information.

> This will require changes to the plugin and new VMs.
Of course. Just send me a message than I will rebuild the VMs.

> I'll be working on this in the next few days. Please stay tuned.
While you are at it, any chance to get
VectorDrawingCanvas>>image:multipliedBy:at:
implemented or should I wait until we have a proper
vector icon set?
Background information: Menus and my nice PlugableButtonMorphs
do not scale anymore, because they have icons implemented as Forms.

As a workaround is there a chance to force some morphs
to be drawn by a BitBlit canvas, doing the transformations
as image scaling (The ugly old Squeak way)?

Best Regards,

Gerald