[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Preferences Menu With Better Feedback

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Tue Aug 31 03:46:09 PDT 2021

Nicola,

thanks for the feedback.

On 8/31/21 12:38 PM, Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev wrote:

> It looks much better Gerald.
>
> One thing that i tried to click and it is active is "remove taskbar".
>
> I noted that if i select it the Preference menu goes away, this is
> undesirable IMO
> because it becomes not practical for the user to make several changes
> and see what he likes most.
I hope, that your preferences menu was just covered by some previously
hidden window, because removing the taskbar makes all hidden windows
visible again. I think I was also baffled a bit by that behavior
during development. Could you please test again
and check with `World -> Windows -> Find Window`; I will retest, too.

> bye
> Nicola
>

> On 8/30/21 2:54 PM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> Hi all, Hi Juan,
>>
>> Please find attached a (rather big) package that reworks
>> the preferences menu. My main objective was to provide
>> better user feedback by showing the currently
>> active setting where feasible.
>>
>> I am looking forward toyour feedback.
>> If the changes are acceptable,
>> I will convert the package to change-set
>> and resubmit it.
>>

>> HTH and Best Regards,
>>
>> Gerald

Best Regards,