[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Preferences Menu With Better Feedback

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Tue Aug 31 06:50:52 PDT 2021

If you load the VectorGrahics package, many of the nice bitmap
icons are replaced with much simpler circles,
that show some visual feed back on mouse-over.

I suppose, if we want the old icons back,
we need to provide some nice vector graphics/SVG icons
and probably we need to implement a cache for scaled
bitmaps computed from those graphics.

I am not the graphics and numerical algorithms expert.

Just my 0.02€,

Gerald

On 8/31/21 3:39 PM, Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Yes, Gerald, I missed the pinning, my bad ;)
> thank you for the video anyway !
>
> I usually pin the 'Open' menu.
>
> But, If i remember well when i was pinning windows, till about 1 week ago,
> there was an icon on the top right corner. Now the icon is gone and it
> is not
> much clear how to unpin a window.
>
> Bye
> Nicola
>

> On 8/31/21 3:26 PM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> Yes, of course if you do it that way ...
>>
>> On 8/31/21 2:31 PM, Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Gerald,
>>>
>>> I `git pull` everything and retest.
>>>
>>> I still see the same bahavior:
>>> 1. run cuis base, nothing of my config
>>> 2. load package `PreferencesMenu.pck.st`
>>> 3. Open Preferences
>> ... here you forgot to pin the menu, if you pin the menu it
>> works like charm.
>>> 4. Select 'Hide taskbar'
>>> 5. => The preferences window closes. There is nothing that can hide it.