[Cuis-dev] SVG Icons

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Fri Dec 3 01:29:13 PST 2021

Hi Juan,

I just received a new set of SVG icons for DrGeo. I am exploring how I
should use it with DrGeo UI. Should I import as SVG files or preconvert
it as PNG files?

I attached a sample of the icon and it looks like bellow. The red
background shows how the drawing is centered.

For now I am exploring the former options with your SVG package. When I
open it with Cuis, it looks like its attributes in the SVG element are
not honored:

<svg
    xmlns:osb="http://www.openswatchbook.org/uri/2009/osb"
    xmlns:cc="http://creativecommons.org/ns#"
    xmlns:svg="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
    xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
    xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink"
    id="svg5"
    version="1.1"
    viewBox="0 0 12.506998 12.507"
    height="47.27055"
    width="47.270542">

Indeed it looks very tiny in Cuis and when scaled up, the bounding box
is not square as it should be. It could be problematic when doing the
layout in GUI. I could help myself using the center of the icons but it
will be better for the general interest these attributes be honored
though. I may be completely off as I am exploring the topic. So fell
free to correct me.

Thanks

Hilaire

--