[Cuis-dev] Morphic-Widget repo

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Sat Dec 11 11:06:50 PST 2021

Le 11/12/2021 à 12:49, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev a écrit :
>> For DrGeo, I wrote a wizard widget, as now it depends on SystemWindow
>> but I will refactor it to dependent on PanelMorph, which should belong
>> to a core widget package, not the whole package Morphic-extra package.
> I'm not sure how to achieve fine granularity with dependencies, but
> would be nice to have. It'd be great if we could add one widget per file
> to the git repository IMO, or something close to that.

I agree with you (See my previous mail with references to GTK+/TK).

Do you see issue to achieve fine granularity dependencies? I dont't, but
I may be blind.

In worst case scenario, as long as Cuis package system can handle
circular dependencies, we should be fine. But I don't see how it could
happen

>> We could organize a conference call as well to discuss about that, I
>> know Mariano wrote several widgets too, he could be interested too.
> I may be able to contribute with some of my widgets.
>
> They are not all equally polished, though. And some use ValueModels as
> model, that not everybody likes.
What is the issue with ValueModels?
> What I'd be interested in implementing is a widgets browser, a tool that
> lets you select a widget from a list and opens several examples of how
> the widget is used and how it looks.

Great.

I already saw from your next email that you write code faster than I
read email ;-)

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo