[Cuis-dev] new video. Installing Cuis-Smalltalk in Linux

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Wed Dec 15 07:32:01 PST 2021

On 12/15/21 2:08 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On 12/12/2021 3:16 PM, Nicola Mingotti via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I made this video to help total beginners getting started. Installing
>> Cuis isn't the
>> easiest thing in the world so better to make it just a silly procedure
>> to watch and copy.
>>
>> https://youtu.be/ydrqIxAf2II
>>
>> bye
>> Nicola
>>

> Hi Nicola,
>
> To be fair, I have trouble understanding how come people prefer watching
> a video over reading a short, well written document (from which you can
> even select and copy the relevant commands).
Yes absolutely. Although I make some videos about Haver myself,
I wanted them replaced by live-demos with simulated mouse-clicks
and keystrokes. That piece of code works, but misses
text boxes that explain what is shown and provide
the text part Juan mentions.
(https://hg.sr.ht/~cy-de-fect/HaverOnCuis/browse/haver/worlds/DemoWorlds.pck.st)

> But so it is.
>
> Thanks for doing this. I'm sure it will help many.
>
> Cheers,

Best Regards,

Gerald