[Cuis-dev] PostgreSQL on Cuis

Philip Bernhart philip.bernhart at posteo.de
Sun Jan 10 04:50:37 PST 2021

Hi,

I just played around a couple of days and got the core
functionality of P3 running on Cuis. For all of you who
don't know P3. P3 is Sven Van Caekenberghe full in Smalltalk
implementation of the PostgreSQL V3 protocol, which is
the current Client<->Server protocol.

I ripped out all the pharo specific stuff and got
simple queries running. The connection pools and
prepared statements are not yet working.

The architecture was also changed and I'll change it
further to match what I consider to be a useable
PostgreSQL interface.

Suggestions are welcomed.

See: https://github.com/Phantasus/Cuis-Smalltalk-Postgres

Cheers,