[Cuis-dev] Source Code outside an image

Philip Bernhart philip.bernhart at posteo.de
Sat Jan 16 02:33:53 PST 2021

Hi,

I really don't understand why you want to do that. But anyway
you could through the magic of introspection of Smalltalk
do that yourself.

1. Create somewhere a directory for the source dump, remember the
   absolute path to it (e.g with pwd).

2. Open a Workspace

3. Copy this snippet into that workspace and exchange <sourcesDir>
   with absolute directory path you should remember in point 1) :

sourcesDir _ '<sourcesDir>' asDirectoryEntry.

Smalltalk allClassesDo: [:cls |
	sourcesDir // (cls name, '.st') writeStreamDo: [ :stream |
		stream timeStamp.
		cls sharedPools size > 0 ifTrue: [
			cls shouldFileOutPools
				ifTrue: [ cls fileOutSharedPoolsOn: stream ]].
		cls fileOutOn: stream moveSource: false toFile: 0 ].
]

4. Select the whole in point 3) mentioned code while holding down
   the left mouse button.

5. Press the right mouse button and select from the drop down menu
   "Do It".

Cheers,
Philip