[Cuis-dev] [Help requested] Morphs + fork handling

Nicolás Papagna Maldonado nicolas.papagna at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 13:06:10 PST 2021

Hi folks,

I have the following scenario, and I would like to know how to implement it
the Cuis way.

https://github.com/npapagna/cuis-system-updater downloads updates from
GitHub and then runs ChangeSet installNewUpdates.
All this happens in a background thread ([] fork) to avoid blocking the UI
while the (potentially large) update files are being downloaded.

Turns out that if I do that on a fresh image where the Author has not been
set yet, an error is raised "MessageNotUnderstood:
UndefinedObject>>morphPosition".
If I turn off the fork and run it in the main thread, what is displayed is
a prompt to fill in my initials and author name.

What I would like to do is to download the missing update files in the
background, and once that is finished, run ChangeSet installNewUpdates in
the main thread to avoid the error.

What would be the way to implement it?
Tried using events, but the events are dispatched in the background thread,
so that does not help.

Thanks in advance,
Nico PM