[Cuis-dev] Creating/extracting morph components

Nicolás Papagna Maldonado nicolas.papagna at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 20:07:21 PST 2021

Aloha folks!

I was going over Cuis Finder today and noticed I had a pending question to
send about morphs.

I have implemented an "auto complete text morph" (that is basically a text
morph + supporting morphs + behavior) that lives embedded in a system widow
at the moment, and I'd like to extract that to a component to reuse it in
other projects.

How one would go about that?

Looks like subclassing from text morph is not a solution, but I have no
clue how to create my own components: how to choose the right supeclass,
how to configure the layout, the extent and so on.

I"'d really appreciate any pointers or examples to get me started in this
path.

Thanks in advance,
Nico PM