[Cuis-dev] Updates to VectorGraphics and VectorEnginePlugin

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Wed Jul 14 23:28:56 PDT 2021

Hi Juan,

On 7/14/21 8:21 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi Gerald,
>
> On 7/7/2021 5:26 PM, Gerald Klix via Cuis-dev wrote:
>> Juan,
>>
>> do you need a 32-bit Windows build?
>> I am considering to do this anayways, because build
>> for my favorite 32-bit platform -- RasPi -- are broken.
>> Just tell me if you need it by tomorrow.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> Gerald
>
> A 32 bit Windows build would be really useful to me.
>
> Thanks,

In a nutshell: "No working 32-bit-Windows build".

The details:

I thought that you would like to have a 32-bit VM
and started to build a 32-bit VM on Windows a week ago.
Wonders over wonders, after installing the appropriate 32bit-clang
compiler and setting the "right" environment variable
(COMPILER_TO_USE), the build succeeded.
The resulting VM was not able to read the image, it complained
about not being able to read bytes 0 (maybe 1) to 4.
I decided to dowmload the community version of Visual Studio 2019
and give it shot. Alas, here I got compilation errors
for the first file.
A (disturbing) side-note: If you use gcc for windows
32-bit builds it looks like the build system uses
the 64-bit compiler, which complains about
bad printf-format strings (using "%d" to print
a pointer cast to an integer). Needless to say,
that this VM does not even reach the point
where it can complain about not being
able to read the image ...

I refrained from posting these results on the mailing-list,
it would have been another rant of mine about
"cargo-cult programming".

While I am writing this I tried again to build
a 32-bit VM with the latest
Cog revision, without any patches an of course no plugin.
Let's see were this will lead to.

Best Regards,

Gerald