[Cuis-dev] cuis svg plugin

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Fri Jul 16 10:53:00 PDT 2021

On 7/16/2021 2:29 PM, stes--- via Cuis-dev wrote:
> The reason why I am thinking of making it optional,
> is because I have observed over the last weeks/months,
> that the version of the plugin must match the Cuis image;
> you get strange results when the plugin is installed,
> and when the Cuis image expects a different version of the plugin.

But this problems will happen less and less as the stuff gets mature.
Soon, the only changes to the plugin will be adding new primitives. And
this won't happen often.

> In those cases it could be useful from the user point of view,
> to have a choice between installing the VM with or without the VectorEnginePlugin.
>
> The name for the IPS package could be squeak-VectorEnginePlugin,
> and cog-spur-VectorEnginePlugin but that is a lot of typing.
>
> Maybe squeak-vg and cog-spur-vg where vg would stand for vector graphics.

Those are much better. Maybe v3-vg and spur-vg will be even better, if
there is a need to distinguish between the plugin built for v3 and for
spur VMs and images.