[Cuis-dev] Running Cuis in a BBB rev C. (similar to RPi). a video performance check

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 07:08:21 PDT 2021

hi Bruce,

i just made a test with a bit fatter machine (2Ghz, 2cores) , it works
all like a charm.

I see in the first page I found on internet your RPi 400 is a quadcore
1.8 ghz, it should rock !
Your little computer is about 8 times more powerful than the ARM I was
using.
Aggregated CPU load should never exceed 5-10%, for running Cuis in your PI.

Try to change protocol. I always use VNC because every OS can be a client.

I am going to air a video shortly on how to run Cuis in a headless
machine with VNC,
it is quite easy once one knows what to type ;) You might to try to give
it a spin that way.

I am pretty sure i downloaded by hand
Squeak-cog-spur-5.0-2019-01-17-23-23 for ARM6, linux 32.
I just copied what comes by default with stock Cuis following Juan notes
on Github.
For the image, i just cloned the git.

bye
Nicola