[Cuis-dev] Porting State of Magma

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Wed Jun 9 09:06:43 PDT 2021

On 6/9/21 4:09 PM, Douglas Brebner via Cuis-dev wrote:
> On 09/06/2021 10:47, Gerald Klix wrote:
>>>
>>> I'll point again to Minnestore. Even if it's not suitable it's still
>>> something to learn from.
>> Before looking at Minnestore:
>>
>> Is this:
>> https://sourceforge.net/projects/minnestore/files/Squeak%203.2/2.08/
>> the current version?
>>
>> Are you and the others subscribed to this list
>>
>> - interested in the result of that port
>> - our in the documentation of the inner workings of
>>   a ported Minnestore database
>>
>> ????
>
> My apologies, I merely meant to point it out as an extant example which
> you had overlooked in your mail. I certainly wasn't suggesting that you
> port and document it for us; especially given that you have your own
> database in progress.
Thanks for answering.
There is no reason to apologize.

1st) Minnestore might be better, it might teach me/us something.
2nd) If I try to make tutorial/show-case/demo from/about the process
of implementing my database (or porting another one),
will there be someone watching?
Will those people be part of a PlanE/Minnestore database community?
Will those people be able to explain the database and its
implementation to others?

In other words:
Can I just climb my path to personal database mastership
and leave the others interested in that topic in the base camp?
Is it considered enough by the community to document
how to use the database?

Please note: There is no need to be shy!
If you guys think:
"Gerald, for heavens sake, why
do you bother us with yet another shitty OODB?",
then please say so!

Thanks and Best Regards,

Gerald