[Cuis-dev] Updates to VectorEngine and VectorEnginePlugin

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed Jun 16 07:51:20 PDT 2021

On 6/15/2021 7:14 PM, Mariano Montone via Cuis-dev wrote:
> El 15/6/21 a las 11:18, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev escribió:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I don't pass step 8. #usePlugin is an unknown selector.
>>
>> I grabbed the Haver VM of Gerald with vector graphics plugin.
>>
>> What did I miss?
> I think there's no need for those steps now.
>
> Start a Cuis image with Haver VM and install updates.
>
> Then evaluate: Feature require: 'VectorGraphics'.
>
> Then check that VectorEngineWithPlugin isPluginAvailable returns True.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mariano

Thanks Mariano. You are right.

Hilaire, just check the implementation of #isPluginAvailable to find out
about the version of the plugin api included with the VM, and the
version required by the Smalltalk code. This stuff is still evolving.
Currently, it is version 4 (pushed 2 days ago). Gerald, please rebuild
your VMs! Mac VM at
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3647vwlw44yfyge/AAColWDFZ3OYgNN1ZY26uBTfa?dl=0 is
updated to this level.

Hopefully, the plugin will stabilize and be integrated into official
OpenSmalltalk builds, and this inconvenience will fade.