[Cuis-dev] Mathematics Repo :: Domains

Luciano Notarfrancesco luchiano at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 23:59:16 PDT 2021

The code at those repos might be useful as a reference for someone wanting
to implement some basic objects such as polynomial rings or vector spaces
for example. But there’s been lots of changes since then, some big
refactorings and important fixes. The ultimate goal is to implement
something like Magma, at least covering the parts of algebraic geometry,
commutative algebra, number fields and function fields, and in order to do
that it requires a higher level of abstraction and there’s still lots of
work to do. For speed, at some point it will be necessary to move some code
to a plugin, and it turns out that the bottle neck for most of the project
is just operating with matrices and tuples over integers modulo a small
integer (32 bits will probably be enough), so making a plugin will be very
straight forward and I’m designing everything in such a way that adding the
plugin will be easy with almost no changes required in the image.