[Cuis-dev] Alice’s Restaurant Massacre

Casey Ransberger bahweep at icloud.com
Sat May 1 00:16:31 PDT 2021

I’ve long appreciated Arlo Guthrie’s mispronunciation of “massacre” as “massacree” and his anti-war attitudes, thoughts.

My dad used to think I was supposed to be the Arlo to his Woody. Not sure what dad was smoking, but I bought it as a young man. I would be his legal home-grown lead guitarist so that he could go on focusing on the fundamentals while I build up an audience expectation, and I did my best, and he thought my best was pretty good, but we didn’t really make an impact, which means my best really wasn’t good enough.

Anyway there’s a longer version of this story; which while long, didn’t run long enough to include me in it.

Figured I’d share it here in the interest of history, see if you catch my pass (by value,) and if you don’t, well that’s okay too, and thanks for listening.

—Arlo 2.0

P.S. Here’s the thing I was talking about sharing, sure hope it doesn’t offend you, but you know, my apologies if it does... I could go on talking for several hours but I probably shouldn’t and I was trained to know that there’s such a thing as a song that drags on too long.

 https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM