[Cuis-dev] Updates to VectorGraphics and precompiled MacVM

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Thu May 20 06:56:13 PDT 2021

Hi Folks,

Recently, I've been working on improving the VectorGraphics plugin. I
added a new primitive that will help quick display of SVG icons. Please
pull all repos.

An updated Mac VM is available at
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6xzdebt158ha1cc/AAAW2LxSYHOSZ8PTfhC9XIs0a?dl=0 .

If you are able to build VMs, please try generating VectorEnginePlugin
from the updated VMMaker and Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev repos, build for your
platform, test, and share the precompiled VMs with us.

To see a possible use of the new primitive, play with M3Exp01Morph.

Another change I made is the possibility of not doing subpixel anti
aliasing, that is not really needed for high dpi displays. This improves
drawing performance and saves memory, sacrificing little quality. The
choice is done in VectorGraphicsEngine class >> #onForm: . After
modifying this method, simply resize a bit the main Cuis window, so new
Canvas and Engine are created.