[Cuis-dev] State of cuis-mail

philip.bernhart at posteo.de philip.bernhart at posteo.de
Wed May 26 05:02:28 PDT 2021

Hello,

I'm currently playing around with a mail implementation I am
tailoring for cuis. It's not a complete rewrite and uses some
parts from Squeak.

Currently only plain text messages are supported and
the whole library is going to change but I am currently
at a first "milestone" I think I could call it that.

And that is, that I can send and receive roughly mail
on unix with some sendmail command and read mail
stored in a maildir directory.

I also implemented a mail client morph, which lets
you browse mails and send mails.

Here is the project address:
https://github.com/Phantasus/Cuis-Smalltalk-Mail

And here is the journal entry of the latest state:
https://github.com/Phantasus/Cuis-Smalltalk-Mail/blob/
main/Journal.md#26-may-2021-jpb

Maybe you have guessed it by the lack of certain
headers and maybe some skewed displaying,
but this mail itself is written in Cuis itself.

Cheers,
Philip