[Cuis-dev] State of cuis-mail

Philip Bernhart philip.bernhart at posteo.de
Wed May 26 12:44:15 PDT 2021

Hi,

Philip Bernhart <philip.bernhart at posteo.de> writes:

> sorry I was a little too quick when typing that mail.
>
> I meant that why that resize could take so "longish" (longer than 200
> ms) in some cases. That a special hack in LayoutAdjustingMorph>>stepAt
> which in turn calls Preferences>>cheapWindowReframe would be triggered,
> which in turn triggers somehow a weird behaviour.
>
> That behaviour is, that the resize icon is shown and in the background
> a different window frame is highlightey, even when the left mouse button
> was already released. Or when that does not happen, then the resize
> takes long to actually occure.
>
> I don't know in which direction I should look to fix that issue.

ok, it seems that the issue is that the PluggableListMorph has to deal
with a too long list of mails in the local maildir, which slows it
down.

How could I properly implement some kind of lazy loading of that list
using that morph? Is that even the right morph to use? I barely remember
that Pharo implemented a different morph for lazily loading large lists.

Thanks,
Philip