[Cuis-dev] Re : Re: Cuis web presence

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Tue Nov 2 14:04:03 PDT 2021

Le 02/11/2021 à 14:22, Mariano Montone a écrit :
> Probably. I just had the idea of mimicking the Cuis environment, as you
> can see . I suspect you are not fan of that idea? Or something about the
> implementation? (can you be more specific?). Regardless, I'm not a
> designer, but I kind of like the idea, and also the result.

Mimic of the Cuis environment for web pages, while an appealing
challenging idea, may not be the best for large acceptance and
understanding. Phil raised good points.

As you have been using Jekyll, your implementation should be reusable,
with a different style. I believe Jekyll offers many option. We should
have no shame to borrow the style from the Squeak or Pharo web site.
They clearly put a lot of love into it.

About importing markdown, it is nice to collaboratively edit the
contents. Can the edited markdown pages contain images and layout as
seen in some Squeak or Pharo pages below ?

>> - Features
>> - Download
>> - Documentation
>> - Community
>> - Packages
>> - Use cases
>>
>> I think a way forward would be to write the content for the pages you
>> mentioned.

These 6 entries may be a good start. Better reordered as:
  Features | Download | Documentation | Packages | Community | Use Cases

Best

-- GNU Dr. Geo http://drgeo.eu http://blog.drgeo.eu