[Cuis-dev] Packages

Mark dev at virtualmdj.com
Fri Nov 19 17:44:55 PST 2021

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did find:

$ find . -iname "MDJ*.st"
./Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/MDJ-Environment.st
./Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/MDJ-Environment.pck.st
./Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/MDJ-Learning.pck.st
./Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/MDJ.pck.st
./Cuis-Smalltalk-Dev/MDJ-Learning.st

(The “MDJ-Environment” is another package I made to play with packages.)

Aha! While I don’t see any duplicate files, I noticed that “MDJ.pck.st <http://mdj.pck.st/>” contains all the stuff, combined, from “MDJ-Learning.pck.st <http://mdj-learning.pck.st/>” and “MDJ-Environment.pck.st <http://mdj-environment.pck.st/>”, and it’s got the newer/updated classes.

I hid all the “MDJ-*” files and left just “MDJ.pck.st <http://mdj.pck.st/>” — now, when I use “Feature require: #’MDJ’.”, it loads the correct classes and categories.

I remember reading about how all categories with the same prefix, in this case “MDJ-*”, get merged and it looks like the previous (unmerged) MDJ-* files don’t get removed.
(Or maybe I did something(s) in the wrong order or wrong way …)

Anyway, that seems to answer that question. Thanks!!

That file listing begs the question: what’s the difference between “*.pck.st <http://pck.st/>” and “*.st” files?
And why are both created in some cases but not in others?

Thanks!

	— Mark