[Cuis-dev] Package Downloader - First demo

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 05:34:11 PST 2021

Hello Juan,

thanks for looking!

El 27/11/21 a las 20:35, Juan Vuletich escribió:

>> This is how the PackageDownloader works atm:
>>
>> - The list of remote packages is maintained in a CSV file. That list of
>> files contains package only name of the package and raw package url. It
>> is here at the moment:
>> https://gist.github.com/mmontone/f43e8c36fa8d3954163289b40670b1d9. This
>> is the only list of packages that need to be maintained.
>
> Does this list need to be updated on each package commit? It looks like
> the commit hash is part of the id of each package. If this is true, it
> is a bummer!

No. Those commits ids are there because those are the urls the github
api gave me, which I used for filling that list initally. Replacing
those ids by 'master' or 'main' gives you the url to the latest version
of the package. But I haven't done it yet.

But now I'm thinking that we could use those ids too, and have some
pinned down package lists, with lists of packages that we know that work
for a certain version of Cuis, for example .., then we could instruct
the downloader to use a certain package list .

The rest of the things we can fix in time.

Cheers,

Mariano