[Cuis-dev] Split string

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Tue Nov 30 05:55:14 PST 2021

+1

I think on last Saturday I tried to find an equivalent of Python's
str.split-method, in vain, so yes such a method
is very useful.

Here comes a bit of nit-picking:

As far as I can see the `subString copy` send is not necessary.
`subString` only contains newly created strings or the result of
sending #, to the string. #, creates a copy in every implementation.

IHMO it would be more efficient to make `subString` a WriteStream
and add `subString contents` to the result.

Lastly I see no problem in answering the unconverted
result, perhaps someone wants to add more strings/elements
to the result.

Lastly #split: should work in SequenceableCollection
as you implemented it, in fact it would even work with
my suggested changes.

Ok, sorry, I should have written code,
that would have been much more concise.

Just my 0.01€,