[Cuis-dev] DSL GUI framework

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 05:24:39 PDT 2021

Hi Hilaire,

In my opinion, the simplest GUI you can take inspiration from is Tk.

The only layout manager you need is "pack", it is simple, universal
and let you do basically all you need. Also, it is the same idea it is
used in HTML and borrowed by several others systems.

I sold software in Tk (20 years ago). the GUI was dynamic, in the
sense that it was changing depending on the problem at hand.

GUI programming requires leg work. Making a bare bone interface that
e.g. does
not scale on windows size, VB style, is pretty straightforward, but it
is also indecent.
It is on details that the hard (tedious) work will start.

My 2 cents. Don't try to make it too easy, or you will loose the amount
of flexibility required to make a good looking interface.

bye
Nicola