[Cuis-dev] Morph Layer

Gerald Klix cuis.01 at klix.ch
Thu Oct 14 14:42:06 PDT 2021

On 10/14/21 5:23 PM, Juan Vuletich via Cuis-dev wrote:
> Hi Hilaire,
>
> On 10/14/2021 5:04 AM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:
>>
>> Hi Juan,
>>
>> Thanks for the enhancement. It can be broadly very useful.
>>

> Cool. It is now at GitHub.
>
>> Two observations:
>>
>>     * I noted that while I am creating a line, the toolbar has some
>>       issue in the drawing: see the different vertical tints of green
>>       in the attached screenshot. It happens when there is a
>>       #redrawNeeded message sent to one specific morph underneath.
>>

> Yes. This was a bug. Also note how in the darkened areas, anti aliasing
> is completely broken due to repeated drawing. Fix also at GitHub now.
>
>>     * Balloon appears behind the morph. The difficulties are in the
>>       details! So the balloon should always be the top level, then you
>>       want the morph responding true to wantsToBeOnTop to stick to
>>       position two. Or may be balloon morph on position zero and
>>       wantsToBeOnTop number one. Something like that.
>>

> I just made HoverTextMorph, MenuMorph and a few others answer true to
> #wantsToBeOnTop. I think it is ok now.
I don't like it.
I have a lot of menus pinned and of course
I (like to) move windows over those menus.
This does not work any more; the pinned
menus are now always on top.

Otherwise it's a cool idea, perhaps copying this flag
from the active window to the menu or hover help morph
may help.
I will try to fix this tomorrow.

>> Thanks!
>>
>> Take care
>>

> Thank you too. You're helping Cuis Morphic improve a lot!
>
>> Le 14/10/2021 à 05:16, Juan Vuletich a écrit :
>>> Hi Hilaire,
>>>
>>> Check the attach. It is a first sketch, but it seems to work. All you
>>> need to do is `aMorph wantsToBeOnTop: true`.
>>>
>>> Note that when you pick a morph with the hand, you are effectively
>>> removing it from the world, so while it is being taken with the hand
>>> it will appear above the "top" morphs. When you drop it, it will go
>>> behind them.
>>>
>>> We could have several layers, if that is needed.
>>>
>>> Try it and tell if it works for your needs.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>> --
>> GNU Dr. Geo
>> http://drgeo.eu