[Cuis-dev] Layout and wrapping

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sun Oct 17 08:08:45 PDT 2021

On 2021-10-17 00:15, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Le 16/10/2021 à 15:48, ken.dickey at whidbey.com a écrit :
>
>> I would suggest two inner layouts. Horizontal split 50%.  EdgeWeight
>> left for the left one and right for the right one.  Simple to adjust..
>
> Sorry I don't understand your suggestions.

| Title Area
| Column Layout
| |---------------------------------------|
| | PluggableScrollPane                   |
| |                                       |
| |                                       |
| |                                       |
| |                                       |
| |                                       |
| |---------------------------------------|
| |---------------------------------------|
| || Left Row Layout ||| Right Row Layout||
| |---------------------------------------|
|-----------------------------------------|

i.e. button area is

|------------------------------------------|
| Row Layout                               |
| |-Left Row------------|--Right Row-------|
|------------------------------------------|

Where left and right rows are rows of buttons and are themselves
contained in a row layout withing the column layout which also contains
the (subclass of) a PluggableScrollPane.  Whew! ;^)

The Left row layout has #axisEdgeWeigth of #rowLeft.
The Right row layout has #axisEdgeWeight of #rowRight.
The #xSeparation is set to the space between buttons.

After requiring 'Morphic-Misc1', a Morph's menu allows to get edit
panels for LayoutSpec and, if appropriate, a LayoutMorph.  You can set
the "push pins" to easily play with layout parameters to see what they
do.

I believe the Layout Tour is still useful:

https://github.com/Cuis-Smalltalk/Learning-Cuis/blob/master/LayoutTour.md

HTH,
-KenD