[Cuis-dev] privateDisplayBounds wrong value

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Fri Oct 22 14:03:41 PDT 2021

Juan,

But for text like view in the model, I have this method bellow that does
not work anymore:

containsPoint: globalPoint
"We really want rectangle detection, more user friendly"
     ^ self canBeDrawn
         and: [self displayBounds
             ifNil: [false]
             ifNotNil: [:d | d containsPoint: globalPoint ]]

It it render as (if it matter):

drawOn: aCanvas
     | r |
     self contents: mathItem text.
     r _ self labelPosition extent: extent.
     aCanvas
         textComposition: textComposition
         bounds: (r insetBy: 4)
         color: color
         selectionColor: `Color red`.

I can compute by hand the bounding box of the morph, but not sure about
what is happening here and I want to mention it.

Hilaire

[1] it makes it easier for the user to select textual object.

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu