[Cuis-dev] LayoutMorph and handling layouts

ken.dickey at whidbey.com ken.dickey at whidbey.com
Sat Oct 23 16:44:58 PDT 2021

On 2021-10-23 13:21, Eric Gade via Cuis-dev wrote:
..
> First, how do we handle the situation where we have a WidgetMorph whose
> sole submorph is a LayoutMorph? Is it possible to simply make it match
> dimensions?

Yes.
..

> One final question about LayoutSpecs. It seems that any settings you
> make to a submorph's layoutSpec (for example, getting rid of
> proportionality) will be reset when you add it to a parent LayoutMorph.

No.  A Morph's LayoutSpec tells its containing (owning) LayoutMorph how
it wants to be treated.  This only makes sense if the containing Morph
is a LayoutMorph.

A LayoutMorph lays out submorphs along its main axis.  The off-axis
layout is specified by its submorph's LayoutSpecs.

If you
   Feature require: #'Morphic-Misc1'.
you cab get editors for Morph layouts and layout specs from Morph menus.
  Click on the push pins to keep them around (they are "one shot"
otherwise) and play with the settings.

HTH,
-KenD