[Cuis-dev] [IMPROV] Preferences Menu With Better Feedback

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Sun Sep 5 10:33:54 PDT 2021

Hi Gerald, Folks,

While I like the enhanced behavior, I think the menu got too large. I'd
prefer if we could reduce the main Preferences menu like this:

Preferences
------------------
Size of GUI elements...
Set System Font
[] Show taskbar
[] Full Screen
Appareance
UI feel
Changes
Debugging
Programming
Browsing
Shout
Events
Meta
Sound

Then, submenus:

Appareance
------------------
Menus show icons
Menus show section titles
BrightColorTheme
DarkTheme
Extension themes...

UI feel
----------
Focus follows mouse
Click grabs morph
... Selected options from UI...

Changes
--------------
Set code Author...
[] Numbered user changes files
[] Version numbered change set files

Menus... menu should be merged in other menus?

Move "Send mouse wheel events" to Events... submenu.

Do NOT show at all "taskbar height / scale options" in menu, as it is
already in the taskbar right click menu.

And there are many options in submenus that shouldn't be at all.

My idea is to have:
1) Main options, that are most often needed, or newbies need to find
easily in the main menu.
2) Important options in submenus like Appareance, UI feel, Changes,
Debugging
3) Maybe a Programming submenu, that includes further submenus for
programming / shout / meta
4) Maybe an 'Other preferences' or 'All preferences' automatically
generated.

This way, the main menu won't be too cluttered, the most imporant
options will be easy to find, and further detail is available for those
who want to dig in.

Thanks,