[Cuis-dev] DSL GUI framework

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Thu Sep 16 06:10:23 PDT 2021

Le 10/09/2021 à 16:28, Juan Vuletich a écrit :
> Going back not to spatial composition, but to "time composition" and,
> more generally, to the general arquitecture of a GUI application, this
> is something I wrote many years ago, and that is not currently
> implemented for Cuis:
> http://jvuletich.org/Cuis/APatternForGUIProgramming.html .
> LightWidgets was a set of widgets I wrote for Cuis around that time.
> It wasn't maintained and later abandoned. But it shouldn't be too hard
> to build something like that again (or simply to rescue it from some
> old Cuis release).

I will read your writing.

I have interest in how from a workspace, one can compose spatially and
timely several independents morphs without the need to formally define
and instantiate model and view classes. Nothing super complex like a
DrGeo view, but more handy, like how to compose a clock morph and few
sliders to adjust the time.

In the other hand, may be, before doing that, do we need a more
complete/uniform widget framework. Something like Polymorph or equivalent.

I am openly wondering.

Best

--
GNU Dr. Geo