[Cuis-dev] What is the proper way to define timers ?

Nicola Mingotti nmingotti at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 01:38:13 PDT 2021

Hi guys,

In the main application i am developing I need some stuff
to happen at regular times. For example, I need to update the
cost of delivery of some goods (which i take from the web), or
I need to delete users who have not completed the mail verification process.

Up to now, the better i could figure was to put something like
this in the class "initialize" method.
-----------------------
         [ [true] whileTrue: [
         (Delay forDuration: (Duration hours: 1)) wait.
         Transcript log: '--> Autoclener runs now'.
         self deleteClientiNonVeritificati24H .
     ]
        ] forkAt: (ProcessorScheduler userBackgroundPriority) named:
'ClientiDB timer - rimuove i non-autenticati'.

Is there any better ?  A more general way ? Maybe a package
providing something like cron or systemd-timers ?

bye
Nicola