[Cuis-dev] DSL GUI framework

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at drgeo.eu
Thu Sep 23 06:15:33 PDT 2021

Le 10/09/2021 à 16:28, Juan Vuletich a écrit :
> Going back not to spatial composition, but to "time composition" and,
> more generally, to the general arquitecture of a GUI application, this
> is something I wrote many years ago, and that is not currently
> implemented for Cuis:
> http://jvuletich.org/Cuis/APatternForGUIProgramming.html .
> LightWidgets was a set of widgets I wrote for Cuis around that time.
> It wasn't maintained and later abandoned. But it shouldn't be too hard
> to build something like that again (or simply to rescue it from some
> old Cuis release).

It is a nice rational. If understaod correctly you need the view (morph)
to have a specific protocol for LightWidgets.  You can't just take an
arbitrary morph (let's say a clock morph as in the Cuis book) and use it
directly, you need to integrate it in view with a protocol matching
LightWidget, right? (Rule 3)

Nevertheless, it will be tremendously helpful to rationalize the Morph
jungle when it comes to GUI building.

> There was a cool way of doing this graphically in mTropolis
> (https://www.wikiwand.com/en/MTropolis) an OO multimedia IDE.
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20070909041715/http://www.cbd-hq.com/articles/2000/000501gh_mtropolis.asp
>

> Might spark some ideas..
Interesting idea for end user design of user interface. Something that
could be developed on top of a small core.

Hilaire

--
GNU Dr. Geo
http://drgeo.eu