[Cuis-dev] YAXO and entity

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Mon Sep 27 11:25:52 PDT 2021

On 9/27/2021 2:52 PM, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev wrote:

> Should not decoding the xml entity
 	  etc. be done in the
> YAXO package.
>
> Enabling entity decoding in the nextPCData method make the xml entity
> correctly decoded:
>
>    nextChar == $&
>         ifTrue: [
>             self next.
>             self peek == $#
>                 ifTrue: [
>                     nextPeek _ nil.
>                     nextChar _ self nextCharReference]
>

> But it is disabled in YAXO, likely there is a reason for that.
>
> Hilaire

Oh. I wasn't aware of that code, at least not nowadays!

I guess I disabled it when porting to Cuis. If this can be enabled, the
code I posted earlier today is not needed. But it only should decode
NCRs that can be represented in a Cuis Character (as Cuis Character can
not represent full Unicode). I'll give it a try, and post some code later.