[Cuis-dev] Preference Browser

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 10:07:08 PDT 2022

Hello,

I've tried twice.

You can do the following if you want to try my packages:

- Open Package Downloader tool in Cuis.
- Press 'Upload package list' button.
- Search for 'Preference' in search box.

Two packages appear, PreferenceBrowser and Props-Preferences. You can
download and install the packages from there.

--------------------------------

PackageBrowser package was my first attempt.

Evaluate: 'PreferenceBrowser open' to open.

-------------------------------

Props-Preferences package builds on top of 'Props' library, a library I
implemented for adding properties to objects.

Evaluate: 'PropertiesBrowser openOn: Preferences'.

Neither is very polished, though.

One problem I have with Cuis preferences is that not every preference is
declared explicitly with name, proper description and data type.
And so tools need to infer that information sometimes. I wish that was
something that changed in Cuis, so we can have better tools for editing
preferences.

Cheers,

Mariano