[Cuis-dev] The Preference model

Mariano Montone marianomontone at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 08:01:32 PDT 2022

El 27/4/22 a las 11:50, Hilaire Fernandes via Cuis-dev escribió:

> We can have the minimum Preference model matching the use cases in the
> image. Then an external package with Preference extension or
> Application extending themself the Preference model.

Yes. What I think I would do, though, is add a preferenceType instance
variable to Preference. Then perhaps having a package PreferenceTypes,
or something, that applications, tools and a PreferenceBrowser can use.

Also I'm thinking about this: what if instead of having a
PreferenceTypes hirarchy, we use as preference type already existing
classes and objects in Cuis ?

For example:

myPreference preferenceType: String.

myPreference preferenceType: Boolean.

Or, for list of options:

myPreference preferenceType: {'foo'. 'bar'.'baz'}.

Or, for intervals:

myPreference preferenceType: (Interval from: 0 to: 100).

Mariano